Returns/ Return Goods Authorization
- Prior to returning any merchandise, a request for an authorization number must be made with our Customer Service Department. Please send your request showing quantity and description of each item, as well as date it was purchased.
- Once a review of your request is made by our Customer Service Department, a list of acceptable items for return as well as an Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number will be sent. Items which are non-stock or special order will not be acceptable for return.
- Only shipments showing the authorized RGA number plainly on the return paperwork will be accepted for review.
- Distributor is responsible for return freight unless the shipment was an error of Masa Tool.
- A final review of products will be made once we receive the authorized return.
- Generally, products will be accepted, and credit given, only for products which meet the criteria outlined below “Conditions of Return – Products”
- Returns are subject to a 15% restocking charge.
Conditions of Return - Products:
- Returned items must be a current standard Masa Tool product as per the current Price/Stock Schedule.
- Products must be unused and in original packaging. Any broken products packages, marked and defaced labels and/or packages may be rejected for return credit by Masa Tool.
- Returned items must have been purchased, within the previous 6 -month period, from the date of the return.
A copy of the original invoice, or the original invoice number and Masa Tool order number must be provided with
the returned Products.
- Standard Products that become obsolete by Masa Tool are subject to review and may be rejected upon receipt of the
return by Masa Tool.
- Special Products may not be returned to Masa Tool for credit, except for quality reasons and/or to be reworked.
- Returned materials must be properly packaged for shipment. Any carrier damage is the responsibility of the Distributor.
- Non-Masa Tool items received by Masa Tool, which have been included in a Distributor Products return will be returned
to the Distributor.
Authorization – Distributor Inventory:
Distributor inventory for return is defined as excess inventory, stock rotation or return as a result of termination.
- The total value of all excess inventory returns and /or stock rotations, within a given calendar year, is limited to
3% of the previous year’s purchases which is calculated on prior fiscal year purchases and may be split into a
maximum of two (2) returns within a given calendar year. Returns are accepted in March and September.
- Returns as a result of termination must be completed within 60 days of termination.
- For pre-approval, the Distributor must submit a Returned Good Authorization (RGA) listing all Products for return to the assigned Masa Tool Regional Manager and/or Manufacturer’s Agent. The Distributor list of Products submitted to request a return from Masa Tool must include, in addition to any conditions herein, part number, product description, quantity, and reason for return.
- Masa Tool reserves the right to reject a Distributor excess inventory return, by item, based upon the review of a 12-
month global demand and product classification. Proposed return quantities in excess of the 12-month global
demand will not be approved for return. Based upon this information, a preliminary approval for return will be
forwarded to the Distributor and assigned Regional Managers and/or Agents.
- Masa Tool will issue a Returned Goods Authorization, hereinafter called RGA, to
- RGA product shipments must be received by Masa Tool within 60 days of the written RGA issue date. After 60
days, the RGA is considered to be invalid. Material received by Masa Tool on an expired RGA will be returned to
the Distributor at their expense.
General Distributor & Customer Returns:
Distributor may also return Products for credit at any time for the following reasons:
- Product Quality
- Over Shipment (above standard terms & conditions)
Incorrect Item Shipped/Received
- Due To Customer Order Error
- Material Shipped in Error by Masa Tool.
- Distributor will obtain a RGA for these types of returns, from Masa Tool.
General Terms & Procedures:
- A 15% restocking charge will be applied to all excess inventory and/or stock rotation returns, except when the
Distributor enters an offsetting purchase order for Products in equal to or greater value than the amount of the
return credit issued. The offsetting order must be entered with Masa Tool at the time the approved RGA is
scheduled for return to Masa Tool.
- No Distributor inventory returns will be accepted in the month of December by Masa Tool.
- All return packages must be clearly labeled, with issued RGA number affixed to the package. A packing slip
along with other return documentation must be enclosed or securely attached to the outside of the package.
This information is subject to inspection prior to issuance of credit.
- Masa Tool will issue a final credit to the Distributor on or before 45 days of receipt of returned material.
- Distributor will be advised of any non-conforming return Products. Dispute of any such return will be resolved with local Regional Manager and/or Manufacturer’s Agent. Any such dispute must be resolved on or before 60 days of issued credit.
- Disputed returned materials that are not resolved within 60 days and/or any unauthorized returned product
deduction by the Distributor may result in the suspension of the functional discount component for a period of three months.
- Distributor agrees to comply with any and all Masa Tool forms and/or formats required to process returned materials.